6K Inc, a high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium ion batteries and semiconductor polishing. We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K has an immediate opening for an Analytical Laboratory Technician to join our materials characterization team. In this position, you will be working in a high-volume laboratory environment alongside engineers and scientists, conducting a wide range of material characterization tests on a variety of materials in support of development and scaleup activities.
- Perform sample preparation for ICP, XRD, ONH, and other materials characterization techniques
- Conduct powder characterization testing such as BET, PSD, hall flow, apparent density, tap density
- Accurately record and report results of analytical tests
- Perform periodic calibration and tool maintenance on lab instruments; interact with equipment vendors to troubleshoot whenever necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized lab environment by following all onsite safety and 5S protocols.
- Technical degree or certificate with focus on chemistry is required. Candidate with college level Chemistry knowledge preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in an analytical or wet lab setting
- Experience with handling hazardous materials required
- Knowledge of handling chemicals, including strong acid and base
- High situational awareness of safety; must be comfortable with wearing personal protection equipment for long periods of time as required
- High attention to detail
- Able to work independently and under minimum supervision
- Able to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- Be flexible and a good communicator
- Able to lift at least 50lb
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to cwashington@6Kinc.com for immediate consideration
No third party contacts please.
To apply for this job email your details to cwashington@6Kinc.com