6K, Inc. is searching for an experienced Associate Scientist (Characterization) with strong technical skills and demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of powder characterization support.
This is not a job for a fresh grad nor for post doc experience only, it is a job for an experienced Associate Scientist, with applicable experience supporting the powder characterization function within industry.
As an integrated team member this is a vital role in support of our characterization group and center of excellence. It is expected that the individual in this position will work hands on in running various equipment, such as Particle size measurement, Surface area measurement, flow rates, tap density etc.
- Maintain equipment all the time, calibrate and generate trust worthy data.
- Participate in conducting experiments, accurately recording and reporting data;
- Employ standard troubleshooting protocols on equipment and related subsystems;
- Equipment prototype development and integration.
- Bachelors degree in a science or engineering technology.
- 10 plus years prior related experience in the analytical area of powder characterization. and skilled in analytical techniques such as XRD, particle size distribution, ONH analyzer and others.
- Must also have experience owning characterization equipment, calibrating and maintaining SEM and peripherals.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship.
- Experience in systematic troubleshooting and resolving technical related issues.
- Proficient in reading and deciphering schematics.
- Demonstrated aptitude towards algebraic and statistical methodologies for problem solving.
- Previous experience with characterization equipment, high voltage, microwave equipment and electric devices is highly desirable but not required.
- Thermal and/or plasma background in a research or industrial environment strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Benefits include medical and dental with no waiting period.
- Holiday and vacation pay.
6K, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to cwashington@6Kinc.com for immediate consideration.
No third party contacts please
To apply for this job email your details to cwashington@6Kinc.com