6K Energy Inc., is a high-tech start-up focused on the production of novel materials for lithium-ion batteries using high-efficiency plasma technology. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K Energy is searching for an Associate Scientist to contribute to the development of new battery materials ranging from silicon anodes to phosphate and oxide cathodes and inorganic electrolytes. This is an interdisciplinary position and strong candidates will be comfortable working in materials science, analytical chemistry and solid state chemistry. This position requires an inquisitive and inventive mind that can contribute to the development of novel, new materials with the UniMelt microwave plasma technology unique to 6K Energy.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in chemistry/chemical engineering/materials science
- Basic understanding of battery materials and applications
- Strong background in inorganic chemistry
- Working knowledge of the basic IT platforms: word, excel, access etc.
- Working in dry room environments
- Knowledge of battery fabrication and testing
- Working with high temperature furnaces
- Powder handling and processing
- Work collaboratively in group of 6 contributing scientists/engineers
- Manage experiments and development programs for specific materials
- Develop new analytical methods
- Write reports and present findings to group
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits include medical and dental with no waiting period
- Holiday and vacation pay
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org