6K Inc, based in North Andover, MA – is a high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium ion batteries and semiconductor polishing, among others. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K is searching for a Chemistry Lab Technician with strong technical skills and demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of laboratory operations and support.
This is a crucial supporting role within 6K’s chemistry laboratory. It is expected that the applicant exhibits and maintains methodical work practices and fine attention to detail. The individual is expected to have demonstrated practical experience in the following tasks.
- Follow written procedures;
- Prepare chemical solutions including feedstocks and analytical samples;
- Maintain a safe, clean and well-organized laboratory environment, with strict adherence to all safety protocols and requirements;
- Conduct safe handling, collection, labeling and disposal of chemicals and chemical waste materials;
- Wash and organize glassware;
- Perform post-processing including furnace operations, powder size reduction and classification, granulation, etc.;
- Work within an atmospherically controlled glove box following standard practices.
- Associates degree or higher, in Chemistry or a related field;
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and standard lab practices;
- 3-5 years of prior related experience in a chemistry environment, with familiarity of standard chemical mixing procedures and chemical lab equipment;
- Ability to read, understand and follow written operating procedures (SOP’s);
- Knowledge and understanding of chemicals hazards and personal protective equipment used in a chemical/materials laboratory;
- Must have experience with analytical balances, pipettes, volumetric glassware, pH meters, drying ovens, etc;
- Must have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Ability to accurately document and maintain records, and communicate results clearly;
- Experience working with and neutralizing strong acids.
6K located North of Boston is commercializing a proprietary plasma-based materials processing technology for the production of nanomaterials and nanostructured materials. 6K’s process offers high efficiency, high process yields, and quality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org