6K Inc, a high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium ion batteries and semiconductor polishing. We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K’s UniMelt® plasma technology enables customers to tailor ceramic, metal or composite materials to their specifications to meet the requirements of advanced end-products.
6K is searching for a Controls Engineer with hands on experience within an R&D to production environment. The ability to work independently in complex situations with a demonstrated track record of quickly learning new processes, equipment and integration schemes is expected.
- Support a variety of R&D systems – deploying, updating and modifying instrumentation and controls in response to R&D requirements;
- Develop data-logging and automation for future equipment development;
- PLC programming and HMI design (Allen-Bradley);
- Spec’ing, sourcing and installing instruments;
- Hands-on wiring/rewiring of control cabinets, instrument runs;
- Troubleshooting equipment;
- Interacting with R&D to determine appropriate instrument for task;
- Interacting with equipment engineers to develop P&ID’s and control narratives;
- Assisting with safety reviews and integrating output into controls and instrumentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Systems or other related engineering degree.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with PLC programming (Allen Bradley CompactLogix)
- Three plus (3+) years of experience as a controls engineer within a transitioning R&D to production related environment, is ideal.
Qualified applicants should send their resume and cover letter to cwashington@6Kinc.com for immediate consideration
No third party contacts please
To apply for this job email your details to cwashington@6Kinc.com