6K Inc’s platform technology allows the opportunity to address vital needs in two immediate distinct markets –Battery Materials and Additive Manufacturing. The platform has also demonstrated materials that will impact a variety of other market like Semiconductor, Display & Lighting, Nano materials, and more.
Battery development for the next generation of material is challenging – cost and performance being the drivers. Utilizing its core technology, 6K can address battery solutions that others cannot, as well as producing traditional cathode, anode, and electrolyte materials.
6K Inc, located North of Boston in a 17,000sf facility, houses 6 UniMelt® plasma systems ranging from small R & D to full scale pilot production units. This technology has the capability to target multiple markets with a broad range of materials.
6K Inc has an opportunity for a Director of Business Development, Asia, who will be responsible for leading Business Development efforts with key Asia Partners with specific focus in Korea, and an emphasis on Battery Materials and other novel materials;
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer and based in our North Andover, MA facility, this position is part of the company’s overall Sales & Marketing team, joining our CCO, CMO and Vice President of Sales/Alloys, and Vice President Government Affairs.
This role will also work very closely with our VP of Battery Materials and his team.
- Lead Business Development efforts for engaging with key Asia partners, with the key focus on Korea and battery products and other novel materials;
- As a part of the senior sales and marketing team, initiate, nurture, close and manage strategic partnership relationship development within the assigned vertical;
- Lead or support a team mindset within the company and develop appropriate teaming or joint venture partners;
- In relation to the assigned vertical, lead 6K, Inc. partner interaction with technology, strategy, business teams and support venture discussions;
- As the company goes through materials testing, negotiate joint development, pilot programs and commercial agreements;
- Develop strategy to focus on key Korean business partners and development efforts with an emphasis on batteries and the highest probability win opportunities, balancing short term & near term, matching to company’s technology and product portfolio strengths;
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities and requirements and to position 6K as an industry leader;
- Develop and recommend strategies for taking advantage of the company’s technical strengths and development of new capabilities;
- Lead or coordinate in new business capture and pursuit activities; champion multi-discipline or cross-functional teams in proposal preparation activities;
- Ensure the necessary resources to produce strong, effective, and winning new business captures and proposals;
- Develop battery and other material / market roadmaps as well as manage the innovation pipeline
- Manage and report activities, pipeline development, and revenue forecasting.
- Masters Degree or higher in Engineering or similar discipline; M.B.A a plus
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience at the senior level, doing business development within the battery and/or electronic materials industries;
- USA based with past high level Korean business contacts within such players as LG Chem, Samsung, SK, etc.
- Business savvy, and well respected with a strong Korean network, possessing a strong understanding of organizational structures and how to work within a venture backed organization;
- Strategic insight and execution across the entire business development lifecycle are required as is the ability to identify emerging business trends that are aligned with technological capabilities;
- Willingness and eagerness to travel, as needed, if required.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to Charles Washington at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org