6K Inc, based in North Andover, MA is a high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium ion batteries and semiconductor polishing, among others. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K is searching for a Director of Process Engineering to compliment a dedicated team of talented Additive Manufacturing professionals. Leading initiatives at the intersection of hardware and process the ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record developing product to commercial readiness.
With a solid understanding and appreciation for process/hardware interactions and the impact equipment configuration has on process outcomes, the ideal candidate has the potential to dramatically improve 6K’s production capabilities. The ability to lead a multi-discipline team involving complex situations with a demonstrated track record of analyzing new processes and evaluating equipment configurations is expected.
Ownership of plasma production equipment unit at all levels ensuring optimum processing
- Define experiment parameters using statistical analysis to perform design of experiments
- Lead the development, planning and execution of process engineering for production of broad range of materials
- Collect, analyze and concisely report data. Produce reports with conclusions leading to decision making next steps
- Operationally focused on improving processes and product quality, yields, cost and performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or Material Science;
- 5-7 years of experience working on process specifications for product development;
- 5-7 years of experience in materials development preferably with high temperature materials and or metals;
- Understanding of utilization of machine vision and automation as process monitoring tools;
- Extensive Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments background assumed;
- Knowledge of plasma, microwave and thermal processing related to materials processing desirable;
- Strong problem-solving skills; analytical and data-driven; able to come up with creative solutions to unique challenges;
- Willingness and ability to be a player-coach and provide direction, guidance, and mentoring to junior engineers and technicians;
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively across the R&D, process development, and equipment engineering teams to bring 6K’s technology to market;
- Creativity and flexibility; must be able to respond effectively and positively to the changing needs of a rapidly growing and dynamic startup environment;
- Strong organization skills with the ability to execute multiple parallel projects;
- Familiarity with the new product development process, including phase-gate, product validation, FMEA, etc.
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of success; ability to deliver on time and on budget to meet program and corporate goals;
- Deep understanding of design of experiments and their appropriate application;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to converse effectively across all levels of the organization and with external entities via presentations, technical reports, etc.
6K, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org