6K Inc, based in North Andover, MA is a high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium ion batteries and semiconductor polishing, among others. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K is searching for an experienced ELECTRO-MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN with strong experience working with vacuum related and high temperature equipment. Who has the technical skills and demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of mechanical, electronics and testing. This person will work as part of a small research and development team providing support in the design, integration and testing of various electronic, electrical and electro mechanical subsystems under development.
As an integrated team member this is a vital role in assisting with testing and troubleshooting our patented equipment. It is expected that the individual in this position will provide meaningful contributions and will gain exposure to advanced technology while providing hands-on assessments and revisions.
• Provide proactive technology support for plasma, electronic and mechanical equipment
• Participate in conducting experiments, accurately recording and reporting data
• Employ standard troubleshooting protocols on equipment and related subsystems
• Equipment prototype development and integration
• Associate’s Degree in engineering technology, mechanical or electrical engineering or similar degree;
• 1-3 years prior related experience in research or manufacturing environment;
• Must have experience with vacuum chamber related and high temperature equipment;
• Experience in systematic troubleshooting and resolving technical related issues
• Proficient in reading and deciphering schematics
• Demonstrated aptitude towards algebraic and statistical methodologies for problem solving
• Previous experience with high voltage, microwave equipment and electric devices is highly desirable but not required
• Thermal and/or plasma background in a research or industrial environment strongly preferred
6K located North of Boston is commercializing a proprietary plasma-based materials processing technology for the production of nanomaterials and nanostructured materials. 6K’s process offers high efficiency, high process yields, and quality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org