6K Inc, a high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium ion batteries and semiconductor polishing, among others. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K is searching for a front end Electro-Mechanical Technician with strong troubleshooting and technical skills, who also has demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of mechanical, electronics and testing. This person will work as part of a small research and development team providing support in the integration and testing of various electronic, electrical and mechanical subsystems under development.
As an integrated team member this is a vital role in assisting with testing and troubleshooting our patented equipment. It is expected that the individual in this position will provide meaningful contributions and will gain exposure to advanced technology while providing hands-on assessments and revisions.
Assemble, install, modify and maintain R&D equipment including
- Technical assembly of hardware
- Installation of gas and water distribution systems
- Wiring of low-voltage instrumentation and controls
- Light fabrication or modification of hardware
- Provide proactive technology support for plasma, electronic and mechanical equipment;
- Participate in conducting experiments, accurately recording and reporting data;
- Employ standard troubleshooting protocols on equipment and related subsystems;
- Equipment prototype development and integration
- Associate’s Degree in engineering technology, mechanical or electrical engineering or similar degree;
- Engineering technician skills that are broad versus narrow, the successful person will be a jack of all trades type;
- 3-5 years prior related experience in the systematic troubleshooting and resolving of technical related issues within a research or manufacturing environment;
- Proficient in reading and deciphering schematics;
- Demonstrated aptitude towards algebraic and statistical methodologies for problem solving;
- Previous experience with high voltage, microwave equipment and electric devices is highly desirable but not required
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits include medical and dental with no waiting period
- Holiday and vacation pay
Keywords: Technician, Plasma, high voltage, testing, troubleshooting, material processing, subsystem integration, schematics, circuit drawings, electronic controls, mechanical components
6K Inc, 25 Commerce Way, North Andover, MA 01845
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org