6K Inc., a pre-IPO, high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing and lithium ion batteries. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic, broad range and personal integrity to our dedicated, fast paced and dynamic environment.
Under the supervision of the Director, Facilities, the Facilities Manager at 6K, Inc. will be responsible for oversight of the lab and pilot production areas at 6K Inc. and for working with and maintaining the inventory of lab supplies, standard raw materials and support materials as a primary function. Additionally, the role has overall ownership for the efficient maintenance of all facility related equipment, services, processes, systems and grounds; The position oversees and coordinates the procurement and installation of new equipment, including acting as the interface with external contractors, the facility management company, etc. The position ensures maintenance and calibration of all equipment and analytical tools to maintain effective and efficient operation. The position will also assist in ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements in cooperation with the EHS professional.
This job operates in a laboratory and pilot production setting. The position requires familiarity with standard laboratory equipment and methods, as well as material processing equipment, furnaces and powder handling equipment.
- Work with the Director of Facilities and the EHS professional to oversee the health and safety function;
- Assist and champion internal workplace health and safety programs to ensure ongoing adherence to established protocols and requirements- including city and state regulatory requirements;
- Evaluate incoming equipment and raw materials for safety
- Partner and work with department heads to define and resolve issues involving the facility;
- Oversee the purchasing of all gases and chemicals needed for general lab use, including responsibility to maintain minimum supplies of standard gases and chemicals;
- Monitor monthly facility related expenses and apply continuous improvement methods to control costs;
- Schedule projects to comply with facility needs and priorities;
- Work with regulatory agencies as necessary, including development of SOPs and record keeping to ensure compliance;
- Oversee maintenance and proper functioning of lab and pilot equipment; develop lock out/tag out procedures for equipment;
- Oversee planning, design, reconfiguration, construction, maintenance and alteration of machinery, equipment, buildings and structures at the facility;
- Develop preventative maintenance plans and schedules for all equipment and ensure PM is carried out;
- Maintain minimum inventory levels of general lab supplies;
- Develop and administer annual budget for lab and pilot facilities;
- Act as advisor to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve conflicts.
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with vendors and colleagues;
- Self-motivated, persistent, hands-on;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment and keep to aggressive schedules;
- High degree of professionalism and maturity with good judgment.
The employee must be able to climb, balance, stoop/kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Position requires the use of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as necessary, including but not limited to a respirator, safety glasses etc.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a fulltime position. Typical working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. – however the position may at times require early or late hours to satisfy the job function.
Travel is expected to be infrequent, but may be required for equipment vendor visits, training/professional development, etc.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a science field;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a laboratory setting;
- Familiarity with standard laboratory equipment and methods, as well as material processing equipment, furnaces and powder handling equipment;
- Experience maintaining dry room or low humidity environment equipment, while possessing the ability to work within a low humidity environment for extended periods;
- Experience with cooling water, ventilation, gas delivery and electrical power related matters;
- Solid experience with the procurement and installation of new equipment, including acting as the interface and managing work assignment deliverables of external contractors;
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations and standards;
Preferred Education and Experience
- Fifteen (15) plus years of experience as a lab and/or facilities manager, within a similar industry i.e. (chemicals, additives, batteries, semiconductor, 3D printing, etc.)
- HVAC, plumbing, electrical and mechanical related skills;
- Direct experience with chemical vapor hoods;
To apply for this job email your details to cwashington@6Kinc.com