6K Inc., is a pre-IPO, high-tech start-up based in North Andover, MA focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, lithium-ion batteries, LED lighting and displays, and semiconductor polishing.
6K’s UniMeltTM plasma technology enables customers to tailor ceramic, metal, or composite materials to their specifications, in order to meet the requirements of advanced end-products; we also address vital needs in two distinct markets – Additive Manufacturing and Battery Materials.
We are seeking a Lead Mechanical Engineer to deploy R&D-level technology solutions across the organization. This Lead role will be the link from R&D technology development to several teams in our North Andover, MA and Pittsburgh, PA facilities.
In this exciting role you will have the opportunity to work on the company’s next-generation microwave plasma system as well as several other critical subsystems. The role is highly collaborative and will involve communication with a talented, multi-disciplinary team. Additionally, there is ample room for increase in responsibility and scope given our current high-growth phase.
- Technology transfer from lab-scale R&D systems to pre-production (North Andover) and production (Pittsburgh) systems
- Ownership of hardware install & acceptance testing for system upgrades
- Must distill R&D findings into measurable specifications for deployment to production
- Creation of full document packages including user manuals, install procedures, CAD (Solidworks), engineering drawings, process settings etc.
- Primary point of contact for any required modifications or updates to production units
- Must summarizing installation findings and communicate back to the R&D group
- Ability to source materials, parts, and services through vendors in and out of network
- Travel not more than 10% to Pittsburgh, PA facility
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- Fluency with Solidworks and Solidworks PDM
- Ability to create CAD models and engineering drawings from as-built assemblies
- Proven track record of tackling complex problems including those without prior knowledge
- Self-directed learner who can own a project and drive a solution with limited outside direction
- Possess a do-what-it-takes attitude, willingness to go ‘above and beyond’
- Experience in systematic troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with tools and mechanical systems
- A technical communicator who can explain advanced concepts to a general audience
- Experience managing direct reports preferred but not required
6K is located north of Boston in an entrepreneurial environment and offers competitive base pay, a bonus structure, and the opportunity for employees to grow from within.
6K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to careers@6Kinc.com