6K, a high tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, lithium-ion batteries, LED lighting, displays, and coatings for turbine blades. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K is searching for a Manufacturing Intern with demonstrated understanding of process flow development and industrial applications. This position will assist in material powder handling/tracking and documentation as well as laboratory and equipment operation.
This is an essential role in support of two key programs for industrial applications and government contracting.
Accurate capturing and handling of pre and post processed material using best practices are vital to the success of producing material for printing of 3D parts.
The individual in this position is expected to already possess a broad range of skills and will gain meaningful industry experience through the exposure to a variety of technical operations involving material science and mechanical systems.
- Establish processes for material handling and storage of premium powders
- Identify methods to improve manufacturing post process procedures
- Create and document Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support initiatives focused on design and maintenance of manufacturing operations
- Employ standard laboratory protocols
- Upper level undergraduate working towards BS in Engineering or related field
- Prior exposure to manufacturing environment with a variety of mechanical systems
- Demonstrated hands-on laboratory work involving material handling
- Previous Internship with industry experience helpful
- US Citizenship or Green Card holder. Required to comply with 6K’s Department of Defense interactions
6K located North of Boston is commercializing a proprietary plasma-based materials processing technology for the production of nano-particle materials. 6K is the only company in the world commercializing microwave-coupled plasma capable of extremely high efficiency, high process yields, and quality materials.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org