6K is searching for an experienced laboratory technician with strong technical skills and demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of laboratory operations and support.
As an integrated team member this is a vital role in support of our UniMelt synthesis and characterization functions. It is expected that the individual in this position will provide meaningful contributions to materials and process development activities and will gain exposure to advanced technologies while providing hands-on assessments and contributing to continuous improvement efforts.
Some typical daily activities
- Prepare precursor solutions and slurries for spray drying
- Operate lab-scale spray dryer
- Conduct titrations for various analytes
- Run liquid extraction experiments with centrifuge
- Perform post-processing of in-process and finished materials, including furnace operations, powder size reduction,classification, granulation, etc.;
- Collect, prepare and log samples for handoff to the analytical services group and for internal analysis;
- Construct basic liquid handling systems with Swagelok and similar tubing and fittings
- Follow written procedures;
- Maintain, calibrate and run analytical instruments;
- Wash glassware.
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and standard lab practices;
- Five plus (5+) years of prior related experience in a chemistry/electrochemistry environment, with familiarity of standard materials characterization techniques and chemical lab equipment;
- Able to support assembly/disassembly of electro-mechanical process equipment; can safely lift 40 lbs several times a day as part of this operation;
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written operating procedures (SOP’s);
- Knowledge and understanding of chemicals hazards and safety equipment used in a chemical/materials laboratory;
- Must have experience with analytical balances, pipettes, volumetric glassware, pH meters, drying ovens, etc.
- Ability to accurately document and maintain records and communicate results clearly;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Ability to explain laboratory procedures.
- Competitive salary based on experience;
- Benefits include medical and dental with no waiting period;
- Holiday and vacation pay.
6K, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org