6K, Inc. is a high-tech start-up based in North Andover, MA. We are focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium-ion batteries and semiconductor polishing.
6K, Inc.’s UniMelt® plasma technology enables customers to tailor ceramic, metal or composite materials to their specifications to meet the requirements of advanced end-products.
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer who is a jack-of-all-trades type, who can contribute effectively within a high-performing, team-oriented start-up environment.
We are looking for a jack-of-all-trades type, who can contribute effectively within a high-performing, team-oriented start-up environment. You will have the opportunity to develop the company’s next-generation microwave plasma torch. This technology is at the heart of the system, where the microwave energy couples to highly tuned gas flow to create a plasma discharge. In this capacity, your contributions will have a direct impact on company success through deployment of designs for cost reduction and performance improvements.
This role is highly collaborative and will involve communication with a talented, multi-disciplinary team. Reporting will be to the group lead for core technology development. Although the projects will be varied, some samples are given below (previous experience not required):
- Development of diagnostic imaging system to characterize powder injection
- Design and build of an optical measurements fixture to replace the current physical method
- Many opportunities for design, source, build, and test of key hardware subsystems
- Establishment of a fluid-flow visualization system using streamline tracers
This opportunity offers exposure to cutting-edge technology that cuts across many disciplines (fluid flow, heat transfer, RF design, plasma physics, materials selection, mechanical design, multi-physics modeling). There is also ample room for increase in responsibility and job scope given 6K’s current high-growth phase.
- BS, Mechanical Engineering
- A first-principles thinker, with a firm understanding of mechanical engineering basics
- Three (3+) years of experience with a proven track record of tackling complex problems
- Fluency with SolidWorks, scripting (Matlab or similar), data acquisition systems (preferred)
- Solid mechanical designer who enjoys the full “stack” of development: idea generation, feasibility, detailed design, hands-on build & test
- Sourcing materials, parts, and services both in and out of existing network
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with tools and mechanical systems
- Experience in systematic troubleshooting and resolving technical related issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as detailed recordkeeping
6K, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer.
For immediate consideration please send your resume directly to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org