6K, a high tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, lithium-ion batteries, LED lighting, displays, and coatings for turbine blades. We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
6K is searching for an Engineering Intern with strong technical skills and demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of mechanical, electronics and testing. This person will work as part of a small research and development team providing support in the design, integration and testing of various mechanical and electrical subsystems under development.
This person will be self-directing on projects involving aspects of system integration from mechanical integrity, electric circuits, material effects and product tests. This position requires strong skills in the prototyping and test & evaluation domain.
As an integrated team member this is a vital role in developing, assembling and testing our patented equipment. It is expected that the individual in this position will provide meaningful contributions and will gain exposure to advanced technology while providing assessments and revisions.
- Hands-on engineering resource for mechanical design and fabrication for prototype and product development
- Provide proactive technology support for plasma, electronic and mechanical equipment
- Participate in conducting experiments, accurately recording and reporting data
- Employ standard troubleshooting protocols on equipment and related subsystems
- Must be an Upper Level Mechanical Engineering major
- Industry hands on design and building/fabrication experience. Academic lab projects are not sufficient for this requirement
- Solidworks a must, PDM vault familiarity nice to have
- Drafting experience a plus
- Hands on detailed problem solver with good communication and attitude
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and CV to jlee@6Kinc.com for immediate consideration
To apply for this job email your details to jlee@6Kinc.com