6K Energy is a high tech start-up focused on the application of 6K Inc’s ground breaking microwave plasma technology platform (UniMelt™) to develop unique, cutting edge battery materials such as NMC, LFP, LTO, Silicon Anode and many more. We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to challenge the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.
6K Inc. is searching for a Process Technician with strong troubleshooting and technical skills, who also has demonstrated hands-on experience in broad areas of laboratory operations.
As an integrated team member this is a vital role in support of our material development and characterization functions. It is expected that the individual in this position will:
- Operate, clean, and support maintenance of laboratory powder process equipment
- Participate in conducting experiments, accurately recording and reporting data;
- Employ standard troubleshooting protocols on equipment and related subsystems;
- Perform post-processing of in-process and finished materials, including powder size reduction and classification;
- Maintain an inventory of standard laboratory materials;
- Collect, prepare, and log samples for analytical characterization;
- Conduct safe handling, collection, labelling, and disposal of chemicals and chemical waste materials;
- Maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized laboratory environment, with strict adherence to all safety protocols;
- Engineering technician skills that are broad- the successful person will be a jack of all trades type;
- Strong mechanical aptitude;
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and standard lab practices;
- 3+ years of prior related experience in a chemical processing or laboratory environment
- Familiarity with lab, vacuum and high temperature industrial equipment is preferred
- Familiarity with powder processing such as sieving, milling, spray drying, and classification is preferred
- Can safely lift 40 lbs several times a day as part of job function. Ability to half face respirator.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written operating procedures (SOP’s)
- Knowledge and understanding of chemicals hazards and safety equipment;
- Ability to accurately document and maintain records, and communicate results clearly
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Benefits include medical and dental with no waiting period
- Holiday and vacation pay
Keywords: Technician, Plasma, testing, troubleshooting, material processing, chemistry, chemical, powder, equipment, milling, spray drying, spray, nebulization, chemical
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com