About the opportunity:
6K Energy, a division of 6K Inc. a pre-IPO company, is looking for a President or General Manager from the Battery Industry to lead its fast-growth division working to commercialize products across the battery industry. Lead by Dr. Aaron Bent, CEO and backed by a world-class Board & Advisory Group, that include the likes of Congressman Joseph Kennedy III, Former Deputy Secretary of Defense Dr. Joseph Felter and Robert Galyen, prior CTO of the world’s largest battery company CATL — 6K, represents ground – breaking and disruptive technology at levels previously unrealized.
The market for energy storage materials continues to expand at an incredible rate due to phenomenal growth in portable power, grid storage, and in particular, vehicle electrification. The appetite for both more energy and more power in a smaller space with lower cost is driving innovations in chemistry and cell architecture, and these new technologies present unique materials challenges.
Here at 6K Energy, the power and flexibility of our UniMelt® microwave plasma system makes us uniquely suited to meet these challenges.
At 6K Energy, we are developing multiple product lines:
- Single crystal NMC Cathode: for the “million mile” battery for higher capacity and increased safety. 6K is now sampling single crystal NMC-811 to major cathode producers, and key cell & auto OEMs.
- Silicon-dominant Anode: developing silicon-dominant anodes for fast charge with the ONLY direct-to-powder approach which will provide 6K the only cost effective SiAn product on the market.
- Solid-state electrolyte: programs in solid-state electrolyte with (for example) 300 nm, highly spherical LLZO, aimed at a highly sinterable film.
- Battery Recycling: a direct cathode recycling approach, highly sustainable and lower cost than today’s hydrometallurgical or pryo methods.
While other processes are constrained by the rules of traditional synthesis routes, 6K Energy can produce virtually any material, with chemistry, size, and microstructure uniquely tailored to the power and energy requirements of the application — all with a scalable, low cost, and sustainable manufacturing process.
Battery development for the next generation of materials is challenging – cost and performance being the drivers. Utilizing its core technology, 6K Energy can address battery solutions that others cannot, as well as producing traditional cathode, anode and electrolyte materials.
The successful incumbent assigned to lead the 6K Energy division will report to the 6K Inc CEO and be part of the executive team. The President/GM will be from the battery/energy storage industry, possessing gravitas and respectability from industry peers. The person will further possess deep industry knowledge – being savvy in terms of energy storage business development and strategy, fully able to develop, communicate and implement effective business operations and building strategies in alignment with 6K Corporate interests.
- In alignment with the Board of Directors and 6K, Inc. corporate leadership create a strategic vision and operations strategy to grow the 6K Energy division and revenues.
- Assess and translate market competition, industry trends, emerging customer challenges and changes in the marketplace into market strategies and product offerings.
- Full P&L oversight responsibility, analyzing performance indicators, financial statements and sales reports;
- Develop tactical execution plans for business, understanding demand versus timing and aligning internal resources and pipeline readiness to respond to and harness those external opportunities within grasp.
- Develop and recommend strategies for taking advantage of the company’s technical strengths and development of new capabilities.
- Work cohesively with the management and development teams to ensure markets with growth potential are tapped early and projects are developed to match customer needs.
- Develop battery and other advanced material roadmaps as well as manage the innovation pipeline.
- Monitor and evaluate geopolitical and regulatory initiative risks that may impact 6K Energy interests and develop the mitigation or contingency plans for such.
- Advanced Degree in Material Science, Inorganic Chemistry or applicable technology.
- Fifteen plus (15+) years of experience leading business strategy and operations within the battery/energy storage field.
- Minimum ten (10 ) years of experience as a General Manager, President or similar C- staff capacity within the battery and/or energy storage industries.
- Strong experience and solid track record of developing and cultivating effective collaborations and partnerships across diverse constituencies.
- Experience collaborating, strengthening and working effectively with Board of Directors .
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to Charles Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org
6K Energy, LLC. is an equal employment opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com