6K Inc. is a high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, LED lighting and displays, lithium ion batteries and semiconductor polishing. We are actively searching for a Principal Materials Engineer who would a bring strong Si anode background, solid work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment.
The successful candidate will have a background in silicon anode materials with strong preference given to candidates with experience developing advanced anode materials for the battery industry. The Principal Materials Engineer will report to the Vice President of Battery Products and will play a critical role in developing the chemistry and methods to produce next generation anode materials, from R&D to manufacturing scale-up. The Principal Materials Engineer will work closely with other materials scientists/chemists/chemical engineers, process engineering, and equipment design groups to bring 6K, Inc. technology to market in support of both commercial and government projects.
- Master’s degree in materials science, chemistry, or related field
- 7+ years’ experience in silicon-based anode development including development of new materials/compositions, from R&D to production scale-up.
- Deep and broad knowledge of materials synthesis, chemistry, microstructure, and failure mechanisms
- Strong problem-solving skills; analytical and data-driven; able to come up with creative solutions to unique challenges.
- Willingness and ability to be a player-coach and provide direction, guidance, and mentoring to junior engineers and technicians.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively across the R&D, process development, and equipment engineering teams to bring 6K, Inc. technology to market.
- Creativity and flexibility; must be able to respond effectively and positively to the changing needs of a rapidly growing and dynamic startup environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to execute multiple parallel projects.
- Familiarity with the new product development process, including phase-gate, product validation, FMEA, etc.
- Strong project management skills, with a track record of success; ability to deliver on time and on budget to meet program and corporate goals.
- Deep understanding of design of experiments and their appropriate application.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; able to converse effectively across all levels of the organization and with external entities via presentations, technical reports, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to careers@6Kinc.com