6K Inc. is a high-tech start-up focused on the sustainable production of advanced materials.
The UniMelt® is our groundbreaking microwave plasma technology platform driving our two divisions: 6K Energy and 6K Additive. Our energy division focuses on the production of sustainable and domestically produced battery materials used in electric vehicles and grid storage, while our additive division specializes in sustainably sourced AM metal powder production and reclamation.
Our technology is transforming engineered materials into revolutionary products that advance industries across additive manufacturing, renewable energy, aerospace, consumer electronics, and more.
We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our fast-paced, dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to challenge the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.
The company is seeking to hire a Process Hardware Development Manager – Additive Materials with hands-on experience in process development and equipment design in a fast-paced environment.
- The successful candidate will own the responsibility of partnering with both the process engineering and equipment engineering teams to define requirements for new Unimelt systems and subsystems and will provide leadership to new equipment builds at our expanding facility.
- The new hire must possess a solid understanding and appreciation for chemical process/hardware interactions and the impact equipment configuration has on process outcomes.
- The ability to navigate complex situations with a demonstrated track record of quickly learning new processes, equipment and integration schemes is expected.
- Partner with the process engineering and equipment engineering teams to define requirements for new equipment builds
- Effectively communicate the critical needs of the process engineering team to internal and external resources.
- Ensure that project timelines are met, and risks are effectively communicated to the broader organization, offering solutions for mitigation
- Foster a sense of collaboration between the process and equipment teams
- Provide technical leadership to both the process and equipment engineering teams
The ideal candidate will possess both process development and equipment design experience and must understand the interaction between hardware design and process performance. Experience identifying and implementing process control and monitoring solutions, such as mass flow controllers, pressure sensors, process heaters, vacuum systems, and fluid pumps, is desired. An understanding of industrial microwave systems and/or powder processing equipment is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering related discipline (mechanical or manufacturing engineering preferred)
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience developing processes and/or supporting hardware development in a chemical, pharmaceutical, or industrial setting
- Working knowledge of CAD systems (SolidWorks preferred) and statistical analysis tools (Minitab or similar)
- Experience using statistical tools to optimize processes and hardware selection (i.e., DOE, gage R&R, SPC)
- Ability to coordinate with internal and external partners to drive complex equipment builds and the implementation of equipment into production environments
- Experience communicating to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Process and equipment qualification, commissioning, and/or validation experience
To apply for this job email your details to Careers@6kinc.com