6K Energy , a division of 6K, is a high tech start-up focused on the application of 6K Inc’s ground breaking microwave plasma technology platform (UniMelt™) to develop unique, cutting edge battery materials such as NMC, LFP, LTO, Silicon Anode and many more. We are actively seeking team members who would bring a strong work ethic and personal integrity to our dedicated fast paced dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to challenge the boundaries of traditional manufacturing.
6K, Inc.’s UniMelt™ – plasma technology enables customers to tailor ceramic, metal or composite materials to their specifications to meet the requirements of advanced end-products through melt and high temperature chemical synthesis.
The company is seeking to hire a Senior Process Engineer with hands on experience in both powder process and equipment development environments.
The successful incumbent will own the responsibility of planning the daily operations of multiple UniMelts™ – and while working in conjunction with 6K chemists, develop experimental plans that will optimize and improve powder process conditions for yield, throughput and product quality.
The new hire must possess a solid understanding and appreciation for chemical process/hardware interactions and the impact equipment configuration has on process outcomes.
The ability to work independently in complex situations with a demonstrated track record of quickly learning new processes, equipment and integration schemes is expected.
- Ownership of all assigned plasma production equipment UniMelts™ at all levels ensuring operational safety, optimum processing, uptime and reliability of experimental results.
- Define run schedules, technician assignment and subsequent material analysis.
- Develop strong fundamental understanding of the microwave plasma process parameters as applied to battery material synthesis to apply learnings across platforms.
- In coordination with 6K scientists, define experiment parameters, execute experimental plans and report results.Use statistical analysis to assess and report experimental results.
- Develop, plan and execute process engineering for the development of broad range of specialty powder materials.
- Operationally focused on improving processes and product quality, yields, cost and performance.
Ideal Experience: Developmental or production experience developing and scaling up specialty powder products. Examples of relevant process operations include spray drying, high temperature firing or calcination, spray pyrolysis, pneumatic conveying or other powder production process techniques. Experience with plasma processing and metal powder process development and refinement is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering or Material Science.
- 5+ years of experience working on process specifications for product development.
- 5+ years of experience in materials development preferably with battery, high temperature materials and or metals.
- Extensive Statistical Process Control and Design of Experiments background.
- Strong experience and desire to work hands-on with lab and pilot equipment. Mechanically adept
- Demonstrated ability to understand processes and the interaction between the material, process, equipment and the associated impact to product performance
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and develop processes where standard chemical processes are not immediately applicable.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge of plasma, microwave and thermal processing related to materials processing desirable
- Six sigma training is desirable
To apply for this job email your details to cwashington@6Kinc.com