6K Inc has an opportunity for a Vice President responsible for Business Development for Government Programs.
Reporting to the CEO, this position is part of the company’s overall Sales & Marketing team, joining our CCO, CMO and Vice President of Sales/Alloys, focusing specifically on identifying Government initiatives that provide a vehicle for the company to expand development contracts particularly within the DoD and DoE agencies.
Pursuing potential business opportunities that capture and expand capabilities is assumed through networking with Government partners, exploring opportunities with Prime Contractors and Subcontracting awards through Strategic Partners, all working towards increasing 6K and 6K Additive’s visibility and profitability.
About 6K Inc
6K Inc’s platform technology allows the opportunity to address vital needs in two distinct markets – Additive Manufacturing and Battery Materials.
6K has a unique position, servicing the Additive Manufacturing industry for both Aerospace and Medical 3D printing with a scrap to premium powder transformation at low cost and little waste. This creates sustainability and security for government divisions, particularly the Department of Defense with boneyards, naval ships, jet fighters all having urgent needs for this capability.
Battery development for the next generation of material is challenging – cost and performance being the drivers. Utilizing the same core technology as for Additive Manufacturing, 6K can address battery solutions that others cannot, as well as producing traditional materials in the NMC space. The Department of Energy has a strong focus on these efforts.
6K Inc, located North of Boston in a 17,000sf facility, houses 6 UniMelt plasma systems ranging from small R & D to full scale pilot production units. This technology has the capability to target multiple markets with a broad range of materials.
In addition to the Massachusetts location, 6K Additive has a 4 acre campus in Burgettstown, Pennsylvania that produces Titanium powders and alloys in an ISO9000 facility.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage strategic customer relationship development and identification and pursuit of R&D and production opportunities under a variety of contract vehicles, including SBIRs, BAAs and others.
- Develop strategy to focus Federal Business Development efforts on the highest probability win opportunities, balancing short term & near term, matching to company’s technology and product portfolio strengths.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities and requirements and to position 6K as an industry leader.
- Identify teaming opportunities with other contractors including SMBs and defense prime contractors with complementary products and services.
- Manage DC-based consulting/lobbying team, teaming to identify strategies for working with primes, agencies, and seeking congressional “adds”
- Ensure schedules and performance standards are realistically set and strategic milestones are attained.
- Lead or coordinate development of short- and long-range goals/objectives and business opportunities pipeline focusing on U.S. Federal Government agencies.
- Develop and recommend strategies for taking advantage of the company’s technical strengths and development of new capabilities
- Lead or coordinate in new business capture and pursuit activities; champion multi-discipline or cross-functional teams in proposal preparation activities.
- Ensure the necessary resources to produce strong, effective, and winning new business captures and proposals.
- Lead or support a team mindset within the company and develop appropriate teaming or joint venture partners.
- Manage and report activities, pipeline development, and revenue forecasting.
- Minimum of 10 years of successful Business Development and Strategy Execution involving Government Programs.
- Broad market awareness with a demonstrated history of winning large-scale, competitive acquisitions in Defense and Energy.
- Experience working with Congressional and Senate members to execute on Adders.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build relationships with government agencies, prime contractors and other prospective partners with the understanding of leveraging technology and corporate interests.
- Strategic insight and execution across the entire business development lifecycle are required as in the ability to identify emerging business trends that are aligned with technological capabilities.
- Willingness and eagerness to travel, as needed, is required.
- Secret or Top Secret clearance is a distinct bonus.
6K, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to Charles Washington at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org