6K Inc., a pre-IPO, high-tech start-up based in North Andover, MA focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing, lithium ion batteries, LED lighting and displays, and semiconductor polishing.
6K’s UniMelt™ plasma technology enables customers to tailor ceramic, metal or composite materials to their specifications, in order to meet the requirements of advanced end-products; We also address vital needs in two distinct markets – Additive Manufacturing and Battery Materials.
We are searching for a Test Engineer with a good mechanical aptitude and sound grasp of mechanical engineering first principles.
In this exciting role you will have the opportunity to work on the company’s next-generation microwave plasma torch. This technology is at the heart of the system and your contributions will have a direct impact on company success.
The role is highly collaborative and will involve communication with a talented, multi-disciplinary team.
This is an important support role within the 6K, Inc. – Torch team and represents an excellent opportunity to get in on the ground floor and grow with an exciting, dynamic, pre-IPO start up poised for success.
- Independently run plasma reactor and supporting equipment (powder feeders, sensors, cameras etc.)
- Assemble, install, and modify test equipment and prototypes from engineering drawings.
- Interpret test data, communication results, and detailed reporting– offering meaningful input.
- Work with chemistry lab to analyze test results.
- Develop and execute test plans.
- Design prototypes and test equipment
- Source materials, parts, and services through vendors both in and out of our existing network.
- Provide complimentary and enabling contributions.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 1+ years of experience (preferred).
- Demonstrated hands-on experience working with tools and mechanical systems.
- Experience in systematic troubleshooting and resolving technical related i
- CAD experience required, SolidWorks (preferred).
- Strong experience with MS Excel (spreadsheets) and PowerPoint (presentations) preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as detailed recordkeeping.
- Problem solver and hands- on disposition is required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
6K located North of Boston and an entrepreneurial environment, competitive base pay, a bonus structure and the opportunity for employees to grow from within.
6K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com