About the opportunity:
6K Energy, a division of 6K, Inc. a pre-IPO company, is looking for a Vice President of Business Development, an experienced Rain Maker from the Battery Industry with the pedigree of making large, structured deals with global energy storage organizations. Lead by Dr. Aaron Bent, CEO and backed by a world-class Board & Advisory Group, that include the likes of Congressman Joseph Kennedy III, Former Deputy Secretary of Defense Dr. Joseph Felter and Robert Galyen, prior CTO of the world’s largest battery company CATL — 6K, represents ground – breaking and disruptive technology at levels previously unrealized.
The market for energy storage materials continues to expand at an incredible rate due to phenomenal growth in portable power, grid storage, and in particular, vehicle electrification. The appetite for both more energy and more power in a smaller space with lower cost is driving innovations in chemistry and cell architecture, and these new technologies present unique materials challenges.
Here at 6K Energy, the power and flexibility of our UniMelt® microwave plasma system makes us uniquely suited to meet these challenges.
At 6K Energy, we are developing multiple product lines:
- Single crystal NMC Cathode: for the “million mile” battery for higher capacity and increased safety. 6K Energy is now sampling single crystal NMC-811 to major cathode producers, and key cell & auto OEMs.
- Silicon-dominant Anode: developing silicon-dominant anodes for fast charge with the ONLY direct-to-powder approach which will provide 6K Energy the only cost effective SiAn product on the market.
- Solid-state electrolyte: programs in solid-state electrolyte with (for example) 300 nm, highly spherical LLZO, aimed at a highly sinterable film.
- Battery Recycling: a direct cathode recycling approach, highly sustainable and lower cost than today’s hydrometallurgical or pryo methods.
While other processes are constrained by the rules of traditional synthesis routes, 6K Energy can produce virtually any material, with chemistry, size, and microstructure uniquely tailored to the power and energy requirements of the application — all with a scalable, low cost, and sustainable manufacturing process.
Battery development for the next generation of materials is challenging – cost and performance being the drivers. Utilizing its core technology, 6K Energy can address battery solutions that others cannot, as well as producing traditional cathode, anode and electrolyte materials.
The Vice President, Business Development will be responsible for leading energy storage sector business development efforts with an emphasis on battery materials and other novel energy storage material and new market expansion.
Reporting to the President/GM of the division and based in our North Andover, MA facility this position is part of the company’s overall Sales & Marketing teams.
This role will also work closely with our VP of Battery Products and the team driving the synthesis of advanced battery and new market materials.
- Lead Business Development efforts for engaging with key global partners, with the key focus on battery products and other advanced energy storage materials
- Develop strategy to focus on key global business partners and development efforts with an emphasis on the highest probability win opportunities, balancing short term & near term goals, matching the company’s technology and product portfolio strengths
- Develop battery and other advanced material market roadmaps as well as manage the innovation pipeline
- As a part of the senior sales and marketing team, initiate, nurture, close and manage strategic partnership relationships
- Lead and/or support a team mindset within the company and develop appropriate teaming or joint venture partners
- In relation to the assigned vertical, lead 6K Energy partner interaction with technology, strategy, business teams and support venture discussions
- Negotiate joint development, pilot programs and commercial agreements
- Develop and recommend strategies for taking advantage of the company’s technical strengths and development of new capabilities
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships to identify customer objectives, priorities and requirements to position 6K Energy as an industry leader
- Lead new business capture and pursuit activities; champion multi-discipline or cross-functional teams in proposal preparation activities
- Ensure the necessary resources to produce strong, effective, and winning new business captures and proposals
- Manage and report activities, pipeline development, and revenue forecasting.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Engineering or similar discipline; M.B.A a plus.
- Fifteen plus (15+) years of experience with a minimum of ten (10) years of experience, at the senior level, doing business development within the battery and/or energy storage industries.
- Experienced making large, structured deals within the battery and/or energy storage space. Rain Maker qualifications!
- Knows the OEM space and has the contacts to boot.
- Business savvy and well respected with a strong battery and/or energy storage network possessing a strong understanding of organizational structures and how to work within a venture backed organization
- Strategic insight and execution across the entire business development lifecycle are required as is the ability to identify emerging business trends that are aligned with technological capabilities
- Willingness and eagerness to travel, as needed, to support business development globally if required.
For immediate consideration, please forward your resume in confidence to Charles Washington at email@example.com
6K Energy, LLC. is an equal employment opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org