6K Inc., a pre-IPO, high-tech start-up focused on the production of materials for applications involving additive manufacturing and lithium-ion batteries.
6K’s UniMelt™ plasma technology enables customers to tailor ceramic, metal or composite materials to their specifications, in order to meet the requirements of advanced end-products;
We also address vital needs in two distinct markets – Additive Manufacturing and Battery Materials.
We are actively seeking team members who bring a strong work ethic, broad range and personal integrity to our dedicated, fast paced and dynamic environment.
We have an immediate opening for an Analytical Laboratory Technician to join our battery materials characterization team.
In this position, you will be working in a high-volume laboratory environment alongside engineers and scientists, conducting a wide range of material characterization tests on lithium-ion battery materials in support of development and scaleup activities.
- Perform sample preparation for ICP, XRD, ONH, and other materials characterization techniques
- Conduct powder characterization testing such as BET, PSD, tap density, etc.
- Electrochemical fabrication and testing including electrode coating and battery construction
- Accurately record and report results of analytical tests
- Perform periodic calibration and tool maintenance on lab instruments; interact with equipment vendors to troubleshoot whenever necessary
- Maintain a clean and organized lab environment by following all onsite safety and 5S protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or related field is preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience working in an analytical or wet lab setting (preference for experience with lithium-ion battery characterization)
- Experience with handling hazardous materials
- Able to work independently and under minimum supervision
- Able to multi-task and manage time efficiently
- 6K, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com